• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Gabapentin & xanax for opioid withdrawal

anthonyxx

Bluelighter
Okay so let’s try this again. i’ve had about a .5g every 1-2 days of opioids/fent habit for about a year now. I tried going off of it last year and almost had it down but relapsed in a time of stress. i’ve been researching ways to have a less intense withdrawal and have seen a lot of people on here talk about using gabapentin or pregabalin for withdrawals and how it seems to help make it a little more bearable. so after a year of looking i’ve finally found a supply of gab (about 45 600mg pills) and have access to a script of 1mg xanax pills. im thinking of using the two to get through this withdrawal and be done with sh!t. I just don’t have an idea of how much gab to take or if I should stagger the gab and xans. can someone help me figure this out??

I do not know a good taper plan with the gaba but I hear it helps. Regarding the Xanax they will also help tremendously but proceed with caution. You can very easily develop a Xanax habit and thats not where you want to be either from the sound of it. Xanax will provide some ease and much needed rest but I wouldn't exceed 7 days. You should be in a more manageable place by then with the w/d's. Giving your brain and body some positive reward stimuli will be crucial in the next steps, good food, exercise, h20.

I do not know a good taper plan with the gaba but I hear it helps. Regarding the Xanax they will also help tremendously but proceed with caution. You can very easily develop a Xanax habit and thats not where you want to be either from the sound of it. Xanax will provide some ease and much needed rest but I wouldn't exceed 7 days. You should be in a more manageable place by then with the w/d's. Giving your brain and body some positive reward stimuli will be crucial in the next steps, good food, exercise, h20.
thank you!! i’ve seen people recommend gabapentin and I also know you have to stagger it but idk how well it would work with both of them together.

thank you!! i’ve seen people recommend gabapentin and I also know you have to stagger it but idk how well it would work with both of them together.Welcome,
I do not think you need both in essence, alprolozam is powerful, too powerful some might say. Good luck, may you lead a full life.

Probably shouldn't need any more than 300mg gabapentin a dose, or more than .5mg Xanax at a time. I would stick to just using them during the first difficult week, as mentioned above, but they definitely do help.

Staggering gabapentin is for getting high off it. If you're just using it for withdrawals, you can just take one of your pills about every 8 hours and it should help you throughout the day. If you feel like you're getting gaps in the relief it gives you near the end of an eight hour period, you can take it four times a day instead (I'm personally prescribed 900mg 4x a day, so it is definitely fine to take it that often even for purely medicinal reasons -- but also, you're not gonna need 900mg for your doses, so don't try to copy that part). Some people can get withdrawals from gabapentin though too, so consider just taking it on more of an "as needed" basis if you're worried about that. It definitely doesn't happen to everyone though.

For Xanax, can't help you with the dosing, but I'd save it for sleeping and/or you get a really rough period in the withdrawals. It can be really bad if you get a physical addiction to benzos, and you really are going to want to keep your tolerance under control anyway if you want it to keep working well. Only way to do that is to not use it constantly.

Staggering gabapentin is for getting high off it. If you're just using it for withdrawals, you can just take one of your pills about every 8 hours and it should help you throughout the day. If you feel like you're getting gaps in the relief it gives you near the end of an eight hour period, you can take it four times a day instead (I'm personally prescribed 900mg 4x a day, so it is definitely fine to take it that often even for purely medicinal reasons -- but also, you're not gonna need 900mg for your doses, so don't try to copy that part). Some people can get withdrawals from gabapentin though too, so consider just taking it on more of an "as needed" basis if you're worried about that. It definitely doesn't happen to everyone though.

For Xanax, can't help you with the dosing, but I'd save it for sleeping and/or you get a really rough period in the withdrawals. It can be really bad if you get a physical addiction to benzos, and you really are going to want to keep your tolerance under control anyway if you want it to keep working well. Only way to do that is to not use it constantly.
they’re 600mg pills for the gab. I wouldn’t be taking them to get high I just want them to help me get through these withdrawals. if I were to take more than one a day how long do you need to wait after taking one to take another?? and i’d really only be using the xanax to sleep and whenever the withdrawals are giving me the most anxiety. I don’t take xans regularly so my tolerance is gonna be low to them and i’m not trying to bar out. i’m just trying to not feel as much of these withdrawals as possible so I can continue to work and not raise any flags.

Benzos and gabapentin never seems to put a dent in opioid WD for me.

However the following two did:

Dxm 100 mg

Pregabalin.

Amphetamine (you’ll pay a price on the comedown though)

Benzos and gabapentin never seems to put a dent in opioid WD for me.

However the following two did:

Dxm 100 mg

Pregabalin.

Amphetamine (you’ll pay a price on the comedown though)
can you elaborate?? why do you think they didn’t help your WD? and why the dxm and amphetamine?? for some reason I think that would make my WD even worse considering they’re kinda stimulating.

can you elaborate?? why do you think they didn’t help your WD? and why the dxm and amphetamine?? for some reason I think that would make my WD even worse considering they’re kinda stimulating.
Dxm metabolizes to DXO which is an NMDA antagonist and serotonin reuptake inhibitor. It’s documented in the scientific literature that NMDA antagonists both potentiate opioids and attenuate opioid WD. DXM definitely isn’t for everyone though; I loved the shit but it does have a strange dirty feeling so it might not be something you want to try for the first time during if you have no experience with it.

I don’t mean to mix all these things together either; I meant each one separately.

Amphetamine will release dopamine which is what your withdrawing brain is craving….but in my opinion is not worth the comedown you will experience combined with the WD. But for the time you’re high on amphetamine it helps ( for me anyways) it’s a big trade off though.

Lyrica (pregabalin) seemed to be the best gabaergic drug for dealing with WD for me.

Clonidine is good too.

With benzos they didn’t really do much for my WD unless I would knock myself unconscious with super high doses which isn’t good if you’re trying to work.

Dxm metabolizes to DXO which is an NMDA antagonist and serotonin reuptake inhibitor. It’s documented in the scientific literature that NMDA antagonists both potentiate opioids and attenuate opioid WD. DXM definitely isn’t for everyone though; I loved the shit but it does have a strange dirty feeling so it might not be something you want to try for the first time during if you have no experience with it.

I don’t mean to mix all these things together either; I meant each one separately.

Amphetamine will release dopamine which is what your withdrawing brain is craving….but in my opinion is not worth the comedown you will experience combined with the WD. But for the time you’re high on amphetamine it helps ( for me anyways) it’s a big trade off though.

Lyrica (pregabalin) seemed to be the best gabaergic drug for dealing with WD for me.

Clonidine is good too.

With benzos they didn’t really do much for my WD unless I would knock myself unconscious with super high doses which isn’t good if you’re trying to work.
I had a dxm phase and enjoyed it lol but I understand what you mean about it feeling dirty, it wasn’t the cleanest high. this is the first time hearing about it helping with opiate withdrawals. i’m definitely staying away from the amphetamines (my DOC before I landed on opiates) as i know it won’t help me in this situation. are gabapentin and pregabalin in the same family? I see everyone recommends both of them for WD and I have a source for the gab but I can’t find pregab anywhere. what was your experience like when you tried gabapentin for WD? my theory is if I take enough gab through the day and end with a xanax I can sleep. especially if I add clonodine into the mix somewhere. i’d be really careful though and plan it out.

I had a dxm phase and enjoyed it lol but I understand what you mean about it feeling dirty, it wasn’t the cleanest high. this is the first time hearing about it helping with opiate withdrawals. i’m definitely staying away from the amphetamines (my DOC before I landed on opiates) as i know it won’t help me in this situation. are gabapentin and pregabalin in the same family? I see everyone recommends both of them for WD and I have a source for the gab but I can’t find pregab anywhere. what was your experience like when you tried gabapentin for WD? my theory is if I take enough gab through the day and end with a xanax I can sleep. especially if I add clonodine into the mix somewhere. i’d be really careful though and plan it out.
Man I loved dxm it is one of the most fascinating drugs I’ve ever done if not the most facinating one. It’s definitely not for everyone.

’ve never tried gabapentin for withdrawal. I tried it in normal situations and it’s nowhere near as strong and pregabalin imo. They are both gabaergics (act on gaba) and somewhat structurally related that’s all I can tell you without researching the literature more about their mechanism of action. It couldn’t hurt I’ll tell you that. It will help if it does anything.

Man I loved dxm it is one of the most fascinating drugs I’ve ever done if not the most facinating one. It’s definitely not for everyone.

’ve never tried gabapentin for withdrawal. I tried it in normal situations and it’s nowhere near as strong and pregabalin imo. They are both gabaergics (act on gaba) and somewhat structurally related that’s all I can tell you without researching the literature more about their mechanism of action. It couldn’t hurt I’ll tell you that. It will help if it does anything.
yeah i’ll never forget the first time on dxm I was coming up during a scary movie, got insanely hot and thought I was about to pass out. but then it passed and I had a great time lmao.

but my plan is to take at least 2 600 mg gabapentin throughout the day? maybe more?? and then use the xanax at night to sleep. I feel like that should work for me as i’ve been seeing tons of people on here and other places say gabapentin is the best thing for withdrawal symptoms. and gabapentin hasn’t been available to me until now so I feel like if I don’t take this chance I won’t get off this shit.

yeah i’ll never forget the first time on dxm I was coming up during a scary movie, got insanely hot and thought I was about to pass out. but then it passed and I had a great time lmao.

but my plan is to take at least 2 600 mg gabapentin throughout the day? maybe more?? and then use the xanax at night to sleep. I feel like that should work for me as i’ve been seeing tons of people on here and other places say gabapentin is the best thing for withdrawal symptoms. and gabapentin hasn’t been available to me until now so I feel like if I don’t take this chance I won’t get off this shit.
I’m not sure what gabapentin dosing is like. The closest I can relate pregabalin. Indont know what your job is but pregabalin basically caused a dyslexia like symptom for me. At high doses I obviously appeared fucked up and got minor brain zaps. So I would test gaba before you have to work on it.

be careful af w that xanax. dont take it more than a few days. have been through heavy/high dose ope wd and benzo wd. would do the ope wd 1000x over another serious benzo wd.

be careful af w that xanax. dont take it more than a few days. have been through heavy/high dose ope wd and benzo wd. would do the ope wd 1000x over another serious benzo wd.
thank you for your concern. I also had a xan phase and definitely know I need to limit my usage. I don’t plan on using them past the withdrawals. I also plan to keep my usage to only 2mg a day at most. they’re 1mg pills and I really only want them so I can sleep. I just don’t know how to go about this. do I stop and wait for withdrawals to set in before I start dosing with the gab? I know that I can’t take the xans at the same time as the opioid bc i’ll OD. it’s happened to me before. so my plan was to go a day or two without the op and then start my gab with xanax at night to sleep.

thank you for your concern. I also had a xan phase and definitely know I need to limit my usage. I don’t plan on using them past the withdrawals. I also plan to keep my usage to only 2mg a day at most. they’re 1mg pills and I really only want them so I can sleep. I just don’t know how to go about this. do I stop and wait for withdrawals to set in before I start dosing with the gab? I know that I can’t take the xans at the same time as the opioid bc i’ll OD. it’s happened to me before. so my plan was to go a day or two without the op and then start my gab with xanax at night to sleep.
yeh i mean, that is sensible

Clonidine 0.1mg tablets #1 X 2-3 daily
Pregabalin 150mg capsules X 3 daily
Diazepam 10mg tablets X 2 daily (after breakfast and 4h before bed)
Cannabis Indica 10mg oil under tongue before bed

thats the ultimate treatment for serious opioid withdrawal….the Diazepam might be denied, but others are a must. Clonidine 0.1mg tablets are Amazingly potent anxiolytics that can hold its own side by side to any benzodiazepine (minus the muscle relaxant properties)

lowers BP & HR reducing norepinephrine in the CNS…..extremely robust & effective anxiolytic. Rapid acting 30min full onset and near peak serum levels 1h complete…….even half a scored tablet for a 240lbs / 6’ male has very noticeable effects

Clonidine 0.1mg & Pregabalin 300mg in same glass/drink has such a rapid onset and potent anxiolytic effects…adding a Diazepam 10mg tablet is 100% pure Gold. Loooong acting anxiolytic with potent muscle relaxant properties…all three substances combined is simply amazing.

heck, I’d even add Ritalin 10mg or Dexedrine 5mg… and Oxycodone (Oxy-IR 5mg) which is a pleasurable drink from heaven (removing the Clonidine tablet, but saving it for just before bedtime)

pulverizing all tablets into powder and combining 3-6 substances in same glass….warm water to dissolve all powder, adding cold orange juice (1/4 glass full - 4.oz or so) and drinking it in one shot on an empty stomach has the fasted onset 30min - 45-1h full effects …..Mmmm, I’m seriously on one right now to be perfectly honest lol. Time to hit the kitchen and make a delicious sandwich lol. Yea

You probably feel quite horrible and I know exactly what that feels like. Just get past the first week and feel free to use benzos/anxiety meds within reason to get past it easier. If you don't have anxiety issues normally without the withdrawal being present, then I can't see someone randomly developing benzo addiction without anxiety being a key life issue for them. However, be careful in case you relapse and you're on the benzos. You do not want to have taken alprazolam and then unexpectedly relapse on opiates and potentiate the respiratory depression from the drug combo. Gabapentin helps, but the physical symptoms beyond anxiety are quite terrible and most likely unavoidable for everyone. After the first week and half you still feel like ape shit but can walk around and go about your day pretending to be normal in front of others. Opiate withdrawal really isn't that bad despite what it feels like unless its methadone or something seriously powerful that you're coming off of. The first week is quite nasty in every way, and maybe the second especially mentally. Its really just two weeks that you need to push past and then slowly adjust to living off opiates again. Even if you relapse, just try to keep repeating the cycle of getting off it because the withdrawal decays a bit each day, and doesn't randomly 100% return with one tiny line of dope. Each second you're off the drugs adds up closer to the finish line. I find the weeks AFTER the first 2 to be perhaps even harder in the sense that the cravings can sneak up on you hardcore. The depression hits in waves, and sometimes you even feel better mentally off opiates even in withdrawal. The thing is, we know how strong the chance of relapse is with painkillers, and then heroin even more. I would honestly expect some relapsing especially for myself. Its how you handle the relapsing that makes a big difference in whether you keep recovering during the withdrawal or you just go back to old habits daily using all the time again because it feels good lol.

Clonidine 0.1mg tablets #1 X 2-3 daily
Pregabalin 150mg capsules X 3 daily
Diazepam 10mg tablets X 2 daily (after breakfast and 4h before bed)
Cannabis Indica 10mg oil under tongue before bed

thats the ultimate treatment for serious opioid withdrawal….the Diazepam might be denied, but others are a must. Clonidine 0.1mg tablets are Amazingly potent anxiolytics that can hold its own side by side to any benzodiazepine (minus the muscle relaxant properties)

lowers BP & HR reducing norepinephrine in the CNS…..extremely robust & effective anxiolytic. Rapid acting 30min full onset and near peak serum levels 1h complete…….even half a scored tablet for a 240lbs / 6’ male has very noticeable effects

Clonidine 0.1mg & Pregabalin 300mg in same glass/drink has such a rapid onset and potent anxiolytic effects…adding a Diazepam 10mg tablet is 100% pure Gold. Loooong acting anxiolytic with potent muscle relaxant properties…all three substances combined is simply amazing.

heck, I’d even add Ritalin 10mg or Dexedrine 5mg… and Oxycodone (Oxy-IR 5mg) which is a pleasurable drink from heaven (removing the Clonidine tablet, but saving it for just before bedtime)

pulverizing all tablets into powder and combining 3-6 substances in same glass….warm water to dissolve all powder, adding cold orange juice (1/4 glass full - 4.oz or so) and drinking it in one shot on an empty stomach has the fasted onset 30min - 45-1h full effects …..Mmmm, I’m seriously on one right now to be perfectly honest lol. Time to hit the kitchen and make a delicious sandwich lol. Yea
okay so I don’t know where to get clonidine and diazepam. I have gabapentin which i’ve read can be taken at higher doses to equal to a pregabalin dose but i’m not sure how that works. I can get weed easily and be sure that its indica but usually any and all weed use heightens my anxiety, which sucks because I used to be a huge stoner lol. I really want to know if the gabapentin (I have 20 600mg tablets) and xanax( I have 8 1mg tablets) will be enough to help me get through this. I just got them today and want to start this upcoming week and stop buying the shit i’ve been on. are there any otc options that are comparable to clonodine?? any and all help is welcome.