• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Xylazine Megathread - WARNING!!!! - Tranq Dope has contaminated much of the heroin/fentanyl on the East Coast USA

It's hitting hard esp. the Upper East Coast with a Vengeance making it way down south & west in NO TIME.
It's not desperation it's people like the effects of being straight in Zombie Land I've heard a lot of Meth users use it to knock themselves out after days long binges. Fent. hit the underground market around 2014-2015 nothing like today w/ the dirty 30's & all the fake pills like Xanax. Back then it was like Brown Chalk now it's every color under the sun (depending on where you're at) Fent. DESTROYED so many "weekend warriors" when it first came out. However, the worst part about "Tranq/Xylazine) is they can't do shite about it in Detox settings it's not meant for Human consumption so it's hard times out here Detox's can do little to anything to stop a Tranq Habit kicking Heroin and or Fent is terrible enough. That Tranq will rot away at you, causing massive damage to the skin something out of the end of "Requiem For A Dream" horrorish. I wonder to they have test kits made for Xylazine yet???
If even they do and you're on E it doesn't matter if you need a fix you just DGAF. Never though 10 years ago Diesel would be like this.

It's made it cheaper but awful high, feels like poison because it is

Nah. Xylazine is an animal tranquilliser. Nitazenes are strong synthetic opioid agonists. Or super agonists as one of my learned friends says.

That's atrocious, this is no longer drugs, it's pure chemical warfare.
Years ago we had to worry if there was fentanyl in heroin, now it's all fentanyl with nasty drugs in it. Where i live(toronto canada) people are dying daily. Narcan don't work on Xylazine

Not sure if this is directly from Xylazine but a homeless girl i drop off a care package to weekly(feet warmers, food, pads ect..) is now wearing a bag to collect her urine. She said it's from the drugs. I can't say for sure it is but she said she started having bladder problems after the dope changed from benzo to tranq. A little native girl who's mentally delayed and living on the streets. I'm ashamed of my country

I can't find ANY information on how to seperate or as u said "isolate" the xylazine, or "tranq" from the fentanyl!!! How can u seperate the tranq from the fentanyl!!!

It seems like its a double whammy, Fent is so short acting, Xylazine gives it longer legs, and makes it feel more potent, is readily accessible, is cheap, and easy to cut into a batch. The more we keep blanket banning drugs and playing whack a mole with novel compounds the more dangerous its gonna get. When drugs get harder to get or produce people dont stop doing it, they move into the nearest compound they can and produce that.

Well, when the dope that you're taking is this alphabet soup of bullshit:

• Fentanyl 55
  • Quinine 40
  • 4-ANPP 25
  • Xylazine 20
  • Diphenhydramine 15
  • Heroin. 10
  • 6-Acetylmorphine 5
  • Ethyl-4-ANPP. 5
  • Phenethyl 4-ANPP 5
  • Metodesnitazene 2
  • Acetylfentanyl 1
  • Cocaine 1
The numbers following the compounds are the comparative ratio in the mix so you sum them up

And you get 55 out of 184 parts. Fentanyl. And so on.

That's actually from a sample sent in for testing from Chicago, Illinois on drugsdata.org February 8th 2024.

It's crazy the next one down has Seroquel in it, but about 60% the fentanyl content. It's also mostly Benadryl

(It's also from Chicago ,That couldn't cause any overdose problems switching between now could it?)-- That's sarcasm.

I can't find ANY information on how to seperate or as u said "isolate" the xylazine, or "tranq" from the fentanyl!!! How can u seperate the tranq from the fentanyl!!!
I saw a thread on Dread on the darkweb referring to how to remove it from your dope. Didn’t read it though as I thankfully get heroin without an tranq

A town just outside Toronto had 17od's in an hour a few days ago
Anyone in the Toronto area be careful with orange stuff

I ran into someone i knew from the clinic when i was on methadone. He's a homeless fentanyl addict. He said the safe injection sites in the GTA(greater Toronto area) are testing people's dope for benzo's and xylazine(?).
I'm not 100% sure but i'm going to call a couple in the morning. If such test are easily available that would be fantastic

I ran into someone i knew from the clinic when i was on methadone. He's a homeless fentanyl addict. He said the safe injection sites in the GTA(greater Toronto area) are testing people's dope for benzo's and xylazine(?).
I'm not 100% sure but i'm going to call a couple in the morning. If such test are easily available that would be fantastic
The test is nice but unless there is alternative clean fent anyone that is dope sick is going to do the dope no matter what else they show you is inside of it.

Now if there are more than one disturbers in the area and one of them gets outed as having tranq dope and the other doesn’t; then maybe that can cause things to improve.

I really am rooting hard for Canada to see this shit all the way through and prove to the world that harm reduction and safe supply can improve a situation.

but sadly even with evidence and example America won’t follow. I firmly believe that the government in America wants to kill these people and destroy as many of them as possible willfully

I saw a thread on Dread on the darkweb referring to how to remove it from your dope. Didn’t read it though as I thankfully get heroin without an tranq
I've read that fentanyl is highly soluble in cold water while xylazine is poorly soluble in cold water - anectdotal reports indicate that you can use a cold water extraction to decant or filter off the xylazine as it will precipitate to the bottom of the solution while your desired drug (fentanyl, heroin, etc.) will remain suspended in cold water. I don't know the exact temperatures and most of the discussions I found were from within the past 2 months. I've been talking with some of our harm reduction folks to try to get the message out there and get people to start trying it out.

I've read that fentanyl is highly soluble in cold water while xylazine is poorly soluble in cold water - anectdotal reports indicate that you can use a cold water extraction to decant or filter off the xylazine as it will precipitate to the bottom of the solution while your desired drug (fentanyl, heroin, etc.) will remain suspended in cold water. I don't know the exact temperatures and most of the discussions I found were from within the past 2 months. I've been talking with some of our harm reduction folks to try to get the message out there and get people to start trying it out.
Awesome, that sounds promising. Let me know when there is more anecdotal or theoretical proof of this working, and we can add it to the OP.

Awesome, that sounds promising. Let me know when there is more anecdotal or theoretical proof of this working, and we can add it to the OP.
Will do - I'm told that people who are using dope have a complicated relationship with xylazine - while it's overall less euphoric than fentanyl w/o xylazine (which from what I understand is less warm/euphoric than heroin) the potentiation from xylazine increases the effective period of wellness from 3-4 hours with regular fentanyl up to more like 6-8 hours. It seemed like the frankenfent we've been seeing for the last decade plus was an attempt to lengthen the duration of effect by mixing in slightly longer acting analogues. While fentanyl is quite potent and competitive (thus will override buprenorphine blockade) it doesn't have legs. Some of the analogues have less euphoria/rush but last quite a bit longer. Xylazine renders some of these admixtures unnecessary so it'll be interesting to see where things go from here.

All of that being said, if people wash out the xylazine but it not longer keeps them well for very long, one can imagine a scenario where we can easily get rid of xylazine with tap water, but a decent number of people are reluctant to do it. Then again, the wounds it causes are horrific, and I can imagine that people will want to avoid that shit.

Will do - I'm told that people who are using dope have a complicated relationship with xylazine - while it's overall less euphoric than fentanyl w/o xylazine (which from what I understand is less warm/euphoric than heroin) the potentiation from xylazine increases the effective period of wellness from 3-4 hours with regular fentanyl up to more like 6-8 hours. It seemed like the frankenfent we've been seeing for the last decade plus was an attempt to lengthen the duration of effect by mixing in slightly longer acting analogues. While fentanyl is quite potent and competitive (thus will override buprenorphine blockade) it doesn't have legs. Some of the analogues have less euphoria/rush but last quite a bit longer. Xylazine renders some of these admixtures unnecessary so it'll be interesting to see where things go from here.

All of that being said, if people wash out the xylazine but it not longer keeps them well for very long, one can imagine a scenario where we can easily get rid of xylazine with tap water, but a decent number of people are reluctant to do it. Then again, the wounds it causes are horrific, and I can imagine that people will want to avoid that shit.
The alternative to short acting dope would be continuing to use a drug that causes horrific scars all over the body and other horrendous outcomes. I would hope that most sensible people would understand.

And this is maybe idealistic thinking on my part, but if enough people understood what was going on here, and stoped buying tranq, it would disrupt the market and dealers would stop buying/selling the trash.