• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News Fentanyl addiction in northern Mexico

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
I've seen a lot of reports or documentaries about the effects of fentanyl on the streets of the US, or Canada, but I found it rather interesting to see it is now a problem within Mexico itself, and how it is handled.

Apparently narcan isn't even available in Mexico, it is smuggled in from the US.

The cartels run the rehabs in some areas.

Last edited:
I remember a news report last fall that El Chapo's sons had hung a bunch of banners from overpasses in Culiacan or one of their strongholds declaring that sale and production of fentanyl was now prohibited in the statd of Sinaloa. Sounded maybe like some way to get the DEA off their ass, or maybe some PR thing related to this issue? Anyhow, hard to imagine them giving up fetty money

...but I read they went so far as to torture some pathetic low level fentanyl dealers and string their bodies up, probably all in service of making their BS proclamation seem believable

Sounded maybe like some way to get the DEA off their ass, or maybe some PR thing related to this issue? Anyhow, hard to imagine them giving up fetty money

I don't know much about it, but I agree it's a PR thing. Probably in his mind el Guzman sees himself as a Robin Hood figure. Sean Penn interviewed his father and that was Penn's take on the matter.

I think it will be difficult for Obrador to wrest power away from these men without US assistance.

Source: