• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Coming off methadone

@Juicewrldfan I hope this isn't too personal. Do you have health insurance currently? Also, have you contacted Community Medical Services in Columbus? They seem to be the "public clinic" option whereas your current clinic gives me the vibe that it is more of a bourgeois atmostphere. Let me know.

Yet again another Junkie crying about it.

I stopped Heroin & NOT that crap the USA has as I live in the UK & we have Proper Afghan #3, I began using HEROIN back in September 2001 & quit this year so do the Math on the several DECADES of a habit ;)

JUST STOP FFS, you make me laugh Sir.

We all cry Zopiclone, we all do. You have been bitching and moarning about killing yourself not that long ago, don't you remember? Cause I do and so do others, no need for quotes. And what did you find when you came here hurting? Support, you found support and people giving you strenght and hope to fight your battle.
And now another bluelighter, who is been blood-sucked by a clinic, came here looking for answers and what does he get? Just you suffering your paws and barking bullshit
What the fuck is wrong with you, mate? Maybe your fight is a holy war and you are an hero while everyone's else is a pussy and they addictions are there to be despised??
A folk getting cut of methadone without a reason makes you laugh? Why? Oh, wait: cause you got hooked on September 2001!! Ohhh, you must have been the first h addict on earth!!. Ffs, many of us were nodding to the Berlin Wall falling, and we don't deserve a medal for that. We don't laugh at people's problems cause we grew to understand that every pain deserves aid and every addiction deserves, at least, empathy.

Yet again another Junkie crying about it.

I stopped Heroin & NOT that crap the USA has as I live in the UK & we have Proper Afghan #3, I began using HEROIN back in September 2001 & quit this year so do the Math on the several DECADES of a habit ;)

JUST STOP FFS, you make me laugh Sir.

I wanted to give you a like for this, but I must say you're being a bit inconsiderate here. For the record I can't STAND whiny junkies who a) stay in the kitchen when they can't take the heat and then complain about it and / or b) blame anyone and anything for their habit but themselves; but when it comes to WD not everyone who feels some trepidation approaching it is just a wuss.

Metabolisms vary, individual physical reactions vary in severity. Some people get it worse than others and it's not just in their imagination. Pre-existing physical and mental health conditions also can exacerbate the experience of withdrawal. Personally I've gone cold off heroin, methadone and opium ; opium being by far the worst I've had of it. You ARE totally correct in that unless you're in a very precarious weakened state, or suffer from cardiac problems or seizure disorders, with opiates (as opposed to benzos or alcohol) it IS entirely possible to simply just stop and be done. But not everybody has that fortitude. You can't judge everyone using yourself as the benchmark.
I don't tend to cut myself a lot of slack and I'm disinclined to do it for others, but I try not to go out of my way to be antagonistic.
Also OP just seemed to be asking for a timeline estimate as far as I could tell.

Last edited:
We all cry Zopiclone, we all do. You have been bitching and moarning about killing yourself not that long ago, don't you remember? Cause I do and so do others, no need for quotes. And what did you find when you came here hurting? Support, you found support and people giving you strenght and hope to fight your battle.
And now another bluelighter, who is been blood-sucked by a clinic, came here looking for answers and what does he get? Just you suffering your paws and barking bullshit
What the fuck is wrong with you, mate? Maybe your fight is a holy war and you are an hero while everyone's else is a pussy and they addictions are there to be despised??
A folk getting cut of methadone without a reason makes you laugh? Why? Oh, wait: cause you got hooked on September 2001!! Ohhh, you must have been the first h addict on earth!!. Ffs, many of us were nodding to the Berlin Wall falling, and we don't deserve a medal for that. We don't laugh at people's problems cause we grew to understand that every pain deserves aid and every addiction deserves, at least, empathy.
I had severe PAWS depression and I still have it now, considering the reason why I quit heroin overnight and everything I've been through you show me one post where I cried for help, I'll not hold my breath 😉

Don't come for me as you don't have the intelligence to silence me.

@Juicewrldfan I hope this isn't too personal. Do you have health insurance currently? Also, have you contacted Community Medical Services in Columbus? They seem to be the "public clinic" option whereas your current clinic gives me the vibe that it is more of a bourgeois atmostphere. Let me know.
Nah it’s cool. I do have commercial health insurance thru an employer. UMR and they take it but just it restarts in June and then I’ll have to pay until I reach my deductible again and I can’t afford 1200 just for sessions.

I never actually heard of them. I thought this was as the only other place in town but looks like more clinics have opened since I ran around back in the day. They do look legit (the place you suggested)

I’m going to have to think about it because I kind of had my heart settled for just coming off and maybe taking naltrexone idk. Just tired of the headaches

Alright @Zopiclone bandit we all are trying to be nice and understand where you're coming from. I am going to level with you here, as I feel like the theme of what we're all trying to say is not reaching you.

Yes, I actually just read through some of your posts. You seem to have a major need for people to see you as intelligent. There is a theme in your postings, this thread included, of you needing to be seen as strong-willed, smart and knowledgeable. I see you name dropping Marcus Aurelius among other well-known philosophers, seemingly just to let people know that you've read them I guess.

Again, I'm leveling with you here. I don't want to bullshit you. Your whole presentation comes off as desperate. You appear deeply insecure about yourself. I think if you saw yourself and your behavior as we see it, you would be very embarrassed and that is why I'm hoping you give this all some thought.

After we all told you how we felt here and tried to find some common ground, you end the conversation by again saying you're smarter than everyone else and we can't "get you". This is the equivalent of taking your ball and going home to your Mother. Even your attempts to make people feel bad are just a waste, as all we see is someone lonely, insecure and struggling with their own identity.

You're really alienating people dude. If you want to apologize to @Juicewrldfan I can delete all of this back and forth in this thread. We can then move on. We can all accept that people say things they regret and/or didn't mean. We don't want you to be an outcast. If you want to be part of the group though, you have to reciprocate the same love and respect that we all show each other.

@Juicewrldfan I talked to the other clinic (the one I suggested) on the phone yesterday. They said they couldn't give me any guarantees regarding a treatment plan. She did say that the process is generally one group per week for the first month followed by one counseling appointment per month with groups being optional.

Also, she couldn't tell me waht the cost would be, as I didn't know your insurance situation. She did say that these groups and appointments are built into the cost of attending. I'm not sure what that means, but I'm assuming she means there is a flat fee for all services combined and that's how they bill your insurance.

They are not the only clinic either. I spoke to another one yesterday that couldn't give me much information over the phone. There appear to be several different clinics, all of which could potentially suit you. I think the clinic you're at is trying to bill people the maximum amount possible. The 3 groups per week thing is definitely not mandated by the DEA or anything.

If that is how they operate, you don't want to be a part of that anyway. The types of clinics that operate on a profit=before-patient philosophy are likely to cause headaches down the road. I attended a for-profit clinic in Lowell for ~9 months. One time I had made plans to go see family for the holidays. Got tickets and everything. Requested take-homes 3-4 weeks in advance. My counselor forgot to file the paperwork. I was begging them to fix it as I had all of these plans in order. Well, they were all on vacation. Nobody did anything and I had to miss the holidays. I was so furious the day staff were back after the holidays. They basically said I didn't have to keep taking the Methadone if I didn't want to,

This is the type of stuff that happens at clinics that don't care for their patients. A huge part of being successful and content with Methadone maintenance is having faith that your clinic will follow through. Keep us posted man. I wouldn't quit the Methadone until you've exhausted these other options.

Edit: I wanted to add, it's much easier these days to get takehome medication than it was before the pandemic. Things liberalized during the pandemic and they haven't really reverted back, which is great. If you can be free from other drugs, well, where I'm at you'd start getting every other day at the two week mark, peopl commonly make it to twice a week within a month or so and I know people who were getting weekly pickups before they'd been at the clinic for 3 months.

I'm not sure what Ohio is like. I also don't want to give you false hope. I feel I can comfortably say that you will quickly start getting takehomes of some kind as long as you stay clear of other drugs. In my state, Cannabis has no bearing on takehome eligibility.

Anyway, just think about how nice it will be when you have your prescription, you're going once a week and everything is groovy. You've just gotta get throgh the hump of the inductin period.

Last edited:
I had severe PAWS depression and I still have it now, considering the reason why I quit heroin overnight and everything I've been through you show me one post where I cried for help, I'll not hold my breath 😉

Don't come for me as you don't have the intelligence to silence me.
Ohhh, we have to keep in mind that you have PAWS but you have the right of laughing at OP's face and questions, I see...
I am not coming for you and I don't care how intelligent or stupid you are; I just happen to don't play in yours or Ganja/Pete's league, I am very sorry.
I just told you to be kind to other bluelighters just as we are kind to you, no more, no less.

If your intelligence serves you at a mere 30% of what you think it does, you should have noticed by now that it was you, and only you, who started this shit by attacking a harmless question from the OP.
But hey, let's blame it on your PAWs while we despise everybody's else situations, eh?? 😉

Alright @Zopiclone bandit we all are trying to be nice and understand where you're coming from. I am going to level with you here, as I feel like the theme of what we're all trying to say is not reaching you.

Yes, I actually just read through some of your posts. You seem to have a major need for people to see you as intelligent. There is a theme in your postings, this thread included, of you needing to be seen as strong-willed, smart and knowledgeable. I see you name dropping Marcus Aurelius among other well-known philosophers, seemingly just to let people know that you've read them I guess.

Again, I'm leveling with you here. I don't want to bullshit you. Your whole presentation comes off as desperate. You appear deeply insecure about yourself. I think if you saw yourself and your behavior as we see it, you would be very embarrassed and that is why I'm hoping you give this all some thought.

After we all told you how we felt here and tried to find some common ground, you end the conversation by again saying you're smarter than everyone else and we can't "get you". This is the equivalent of taking your ball and going home to your Mother. Even your attempts to make people feel bad are just a waste, as all we see is someone lonely, insecure and struggling with their own identity.

You're really alienating people dude. If you want to apologize to @Juicewrldfan I can delete all of this back and forth in this thread. We can then move on. We can all accept that people say things they regret and/or didn't mean. We don't want you to be an outcast. If you want to be part of the group though, you have to reciprocate the same love and respect that we all show each other.

I want to thank you, @Keif' Richards; I appreciate your efforts to be fair.
People may agree or not with your points, like or dislike you, but one thing is for sure: your points are allways mature and it's clear to me- and I bet to others- that your main purpose when you post something is to help.

Also we may like or dislike @Zopiclone bandit, but he is and allways has been an active member of this site, he has shared a lot of info, actual first hand learned info. Some woman that I had in my life used to say that we, persons, don't have a single flat face, we are polihedric and we have different faces, different sides.
Many of the sides/faces that Zopiclone has to show are very useful for this community.
What I mean is that he would be very wrong if he thinks that people is against him or that he isn't appreciated here.

Agreed @Señor Moreno I have the same respect for you. I certainly wouldn't want a single incident to ruin someone's entire life here on the forums. This is part of why I was so put off by this whole thing. I have experience with our friend here too and of course, not all of it has been bad. We all are aware that we are a community of drug users. Deep down, when something like this happens, I always like to believe that it was something influencing them to act in that way. I'm not at all making assumptions, though someone could be drunk, maybe they started using stimulants and they're making them act mean, we all know how stimulants can make people robotic and seem heartless.

We have to call it for what it is, as we are still a society and we have to try our best to make that society what we want it to be. This doesn't mean the end of @Zopiclone bandit we just want everyone to be supported. I hope that it's just a phase or a tough time and that we can all look back on it as just that.

Just back to the OP. It's seems you can drop with 10% every month of your original dose if u have been using more then a yeah and 10 a week I'd less then a year, there is another guideline to go by.

But I think it all comes down on how you feel physically when you start tappering your dose down.

Yes good point @Coffeeshroom :)

In the process of being oh-so-supportive of our friend @juicei have hijacked the origina purpose of his thread, bad Keif' :( I should be demotedbacl to Assistant Junior Moderator until I can restore my honor.

Back to what we were talking about, I have talked with folks at the clinic I mentioned above. They seem to be much more accessible. Whatever you decide buddy, let us know and we will discuss it.

If everyone else is all set, let's leave the in-post drama behind and re-dedicate to our OP. Thanks everyone!

Yup. I’m sure it’s 1mg per ml. Well it’s what the clinic tells me. I was up at 50 and was going up until I found this doesn’t meet my finances but idk who would pay 1200 a month for methadone clinic.

So I guess I’ll just keep tapering. Just really wanting to be done with clinics now. I mean I’ll still be going for bipolar meds and GP stuff but not for MAT. I would dump the clinic entirely but the other side of things they do well for me. And give me appointments at the drop of a hat.

K so 5 should definitely be good and I’m dropping 10 a week so won’t take too long I guess.
I quit going to my clinic last Saturday after going there for one month I was at 45 mg, they charge $100 a week for cash paying customers,I think your clinic might be charging insurance companies that for a client and don’t have a cash paying customers the same what they charge insurance companies,paying $400 a week is ridiculous,,,it’s supposed to be a cheaper alternative than staying on drugs,that’s just as expensive as staying high on fentanyl a week….

I currently do a bag in the morning and a bag at night and I don’t notice any withdrawals from the methadone I did for the month,I quit going cause I kept using and going to the clinic so I’m going to wait another week and see if I can ween off with the methadone I have in the frig,,I have about 1000 mg

Don't jump off from 30mg. 10mg is high as I'd jump off but I'd still most definitely have shit to help the symptoms no matter what.

My pops tapered super slowly from 120mg to 12mg and said screw it. He was just fine, nothing like I went through detoxing.

You just never know how you'll feel. Could be bad or a cake walk.