• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Meeting my stepbrother who's had a relapse (Cannabis)

lecroute

Bluelighter
Tommorow, I'm invited for lunch at my mom's and stepdad's. His son has a long story of cannabis use and mental health issues. He managed to stop smoking weed for about seven months, but had a recent relapse.
I met him for the first time around Christmas when he wasn't smoking, drinking, anything. While he stayed at my mom's, neither she nor my stepdad drank alcohol. I have no problems with not drinking wine or beer before or during meals or the occasional whysky with my stepdad after.
But unlike the Christmas meetings, I'm now on a nice benzo journey I would need to stop about now so I won't be obviously "on something" tomorrow.

My question here is: Would my stepbrother notice I was on something (benzos, dose higher than what I need to just be level)? Could that trigger something in him? He's a fine guy who went through a hell of a relationship with his daugher's mom, and I don't want to make things unnecessary hard for him if I can avoid it.

I dont really think benzos are too noticeable unless you are taking a lot and are slurring your words and just like a zombie, but enough to take the edge off

Maybe you could take slightly less than you have been? Benzos are a very powerful drug its likely your stepbrother has seen the effect of benzos and that , i dont think it would necessarily trigger anything for him unless you look like a right state with the benzos drooling non responsive unable to have a conversation etc. I hope you both can regain control of use and enjoy life again to the fullest

I dont really think benzos are too noticeable unless you are taking a lot and are slurring your words and just like a zombie,
I don't plan to be like a zombie, because I don't like that feeling. But I tend to slur my words a little and act as if on slow motion when I had "some more" than just the therapeutic dose.
It's just that I'm enjoying the state I'm in right now and would like to last it for another day before having to spend the next three weeks working on a new project where I need to be alert and motivated under circumstances that aren't ideal for me.

But cutting my "vacation" short is no problem. And probably the better choice, stepbrother or no.

Usually the fantasy of the drug is what temps me. Seeing others high or drunk acting strange turns me off to it more than on.

I think he will be fine. People change over time, events happen, for all he knows you're just experiencing something.

I think the more hyper aware you are the more he will be too. Sometimes we perpetuate situations without meaning to or realizing it.

I think most of the slo-mo sensation I had this morning was because I was just getting up. Now, after some coffee and having been productive, this "strange behavior" isn't an issue anymore. Though I still wouldn't want to drive or operate heavy machinery. Guess it's all a matter of timing.