• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Quick xylazene/Codeine warning

I don't think benzos are used by people like that nowadays. If so it's rare. Benzos are a "junkie" drug or are used by people who get them online but aren't "street" kinda thing.

Warnings are coming out via drug services and so the info is getting out. It's not enough tho and never is due the reactionary views that prevail.
My friends in their early to mid 20s rarely use benzos, mostly just party drugs like stims, MDMA, ket & psychedelics.

My friends in their early to mid 20s rarely use benzos, mostly just party drugs like stims, MDMA, ket & psychedelics.
Yeah in the UK benzos are basically a street/junkie drug now. They were big in the rave scene back in the late 80s to the mid 90s or so but that all changed (for most people - maybe some of the old heads still use them and it is them who told me about this stuff as it was before my time. Old skool ravers here are in their 60s in some cases) and are now generally sold within the same market as heroin and crack, on the streets at least. The only guy I know who used benzos for comedowns was German and was into the whole scene in Berlin, Berghein and all that. My old plug DJd at the panorama bar there too but even he saw benzos as dirty drugs, despite moving ketamine, MDMA, mephedrone and other stuff. "Valium" nowadays is synonymous with smack heads and temazepam which the OP was talking about barely exists now so the threat regarding xylazine is a threat mostly to street users and some unfortunate people who buy a bad batch of something online.

I must admit i stopped raving around 1998.
Ten years was enough, i expect i'd get a few strange looks if i went round a rave thesedays asking for eggs :)

Yeah in the UK benzos are basically a street/junkie drug now. They were big in the rave scene back in the late 80s to the mid 90s or so but that all changed (for most people - maybe some of the old heads still use them and it is them who told me about this stuff as it was before my time. Old skool ravers here are in their 60s in some cases) and are now generally sold within the same market as heroin and crack, on the streets at least. The only guy I know who used benzos for comedowns was German and was into the whole scene in Berlin, Berghein and all that. My old plug DJd at the panorama bar there too but even he saw benzos as dirty drugs, despite moving ketamine, MDMA, mephedrone and other stuff. "Valium" nowadays is synonymous with smack heads and temazepam which the OP was talking about barely exists now so the threat regarding xylazine is a threat mostly to street users and some unfortunate people who buy a bad batch of something online.
Same here, benzos seem to be used primarily by opioid/crack ‘junkies’ most of whom are older.