• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Full functioning daily Meth users

garygroundwork

Bluelighter
Anyone use meth daily for years and hold down job and normal life and keep it secret from everyone?

Interested in your stories.

I imagine there are some stories but I think very heavy usage cannot be functional, at least not the kind that impairs sleep or nutrition.

People can probably be fairly functional at up to perhaps a few hundred milligram a day, maximum, after becoming tolerant. Fairly functional as in, hold down a job, not get arrested etc. But this is after they're tolerant enough where they can eat and sleep sufficiently. But I'd say anything over 80mg a day will definitely begin to reduce function, and that is still a somewhat neurotoxic dose.

Depends on what you mean by functional though. Yet even then, heavy meth use will reduce one's function at anything. I remember one guy on here saying that he needed to get a handle on his meth use because it was distracting him too much from his "illegal fraud business", or something to that effect 🤣

Anyone use meth daily for years and hold down job and normal life and keep it secret from everyone?

Interested in your stories.
It's pretty rare. I find that the secrecy is the issue in this problem to maintaining the getup. It's better to have some section of your life at least where i isn' that big of a deal - like a few friends who are trustworthy or something at least. The societal perception of meth is one of its biggest detractors. It's a rough drug already - but that faces campaign from 2003 pervades and its fucking killer what people say and do around peoples lives with this drug. Like, those are photos of people who were on the street for years, just got in a fight, some whatever, police shot, probably humiliated, would look 10x better with a week sleep and a shower with food. Then the one pic is literally an autoimmune disease with this woman with the melted face. That shouldve made that campaign fucking illegal imo. Vancouver or BC police have sometimes done some good wotk out on Hastings in some media sections and what they do -but that campaign is ridiculous. That is NOT what meth does to you. That series in general is VERY exhibitionist to anything BUT the primary problem and just shows the rest of it. Not an educating ad and people are brutal.

I wanted to make some kind of ad homimen faces campaign in my own work at one point. There's a whole pamphlet that could be made to tweaking and basic self care / hydration / to perception and how that affects target groups / to something like 'you never know' to certain people you'd probably never guess next to that campaign. Unless you saw them in person or knew otherwise from whatever. Campaigns like that detract from the progression that can happen to identifying the actual issues at hand with people on sight by anyone. That image actually genuinely made crystal meth a dirtier scene than it already was - because of its dirty rap. It has some qualities - but perception is amazing concise in accurately profiling the future and self esteem of people stuck in meth use.

It's the most psychologically addictive drug out of the big 3 like cocaine to opioids to amps / meth. There is a lot of good things around this subject which can be tackled in harm reduction - and I know some things. But it's a really bad gripper on the heart for a lot of people who can't handle having a habit without losing their sense of self. It can happen pretty easily with it due to its effects eventually as well. Not a ton actually manage. I do some - and I struggle some. I learned to not profile myself in a shit way because of my habit and that has helped tons.

It's hard to justify good research and meth specific funding to target this issue in medical assaying and harm reduction efforts overall due to the dirty explosive meth lab of the thieving freakish ghoul we automatically always are and criminal as well. Like, always right?

You need to find a space where you can breathe to get through this more smoothly - or find a way to cut it down or switch to something a bit healthier that can still hit that itch. Something like that. Not gonna get into any get sober BS with you since that's not what you're asking.

iu

Daily user of amphetamine for more than twenty years. (please read previous comment for context and recognize that recognization for progressing mathematics is not what always happens)

I personally haven’t. But I’ve worked with people who were meth addicts.
They always thought they were getting a ton of work done, but in alll reality they started 38 different projects and never finished one.
So yeah, they might feel like they’re a high functioning stim head, but they typically fall short of what I would call a good worker 9 times out of 10.

Always, fair winds and following seas

It's the most psychologically addictive drug out of the big 3 like cocaine to opioids to amps / meth.

Meth is?

I dunno, that seems dependent on the individual. Out of the three (opioids, cocaine and meth), I find meth to be the least psychologically addictive of the bunch.

That said I obtained a small amount of meth recently (3.7g) and used it all in about 4 weeks, and almost all of it taken orally (which actually seems like the most enjoyable way to use it, though it takes on MDMA-like quality). In fact I used it all in less than 4 weeks, since 6 of those days it was locked up in my time lock safe.

Glad that it's gone. I don't think I'll ever buy meth again after this. I got a shitload of work done, though eventually I become less and less productive and increasingly paranoid and scattered. It's quite unhealthy to be eating a few hundred milligrams of meth for days consecutively, I felt pretty beat up after (still feel like I'm recovering a bit). Even though I'm not a big meth fan I've got very strong addictive tendencies. Still, I "disappeared" that meth faster than I anticipated. At the end i was consuming it pretty much just to get rid of it. For some reason, this batch seemed to have a more abrupt comedown, even orally. Left me feeling sadder than the last batch me (sad between doses). But I've never liked meth much, and this new breed of cartel meth sucks, especially when smoked.

Meth is?

I dunno, that seems dependent on the individual. Out of the three (opioids, cocaine and meth), I find meth to be the least psychologically addictive of the bunch.

That said I obtained a small amount of meth recently (3.7g) and used it all in about 4 weeks, and almost all of it taken orally (which actually seems like the most enjoyable way to use it, though it takes on MDMA-like quality). In fact I used it all in less than 4 weeks, since 6 of those days it was locked up in my time lock safe.

Glad that it's gone. I don't think I'll ever buy meth again after this. I got a shitload of work done, though eventually I become less and less productive and increasingly paranoid and scattered. It's quite unhealthy to be eating a few hundred milligrams of meth for days consecutively, I felt pretty beat up after (still feel like I'm recovering a bit). Even though I'm not a big meth fan I've got very strong addictive tendencies. Still, I "disappeared" that meth faster than I anticipated. At the end i was consuming it pretty much just to get rid of it. For some reason, this batch seemed to have a more abrupt comedown, even orally. Left me feeling sadder than the last batch me (sad between doses). But I've never liked meth much, and this new breed of cartel meth sucks, especially when smoked.
It is in study biologically. There's a lot of mixing in this too with the fact that people do develop combo habits after getting on one pretty often and that could skew it by appearance of whats out there visibly on the street like fentanyl but it's meth. It's the number 2 drug in the world in use under marijuana. A LOT of people use meth man.

I'm not sure the difference here with 'cartel meth' but theres some odd stuff thats a bit different in composition and it's a bit weaker and smokes quicker - yeah. It's still okay. Generally meth is pretty good here. Statistically Canada maintains around a mid-90s percentage average in purity. But there's spots of other stuff too. West US is lower and I forget the whole pattern but there's a disparity travelling E-W in the US. It's cheaper though. Like $40 a ball for LA although it's around 60-70% on average there. Anhydrous acetone (or a CLOSE to 100% as possible) is good for a soak --> evap wash and a followup with pure isopropyl alcohol can be done. I've never done this but it's been posted to good results and easy to do.

Get some rest. You've never posted here with much of an issue with dependence or much meth use from what I remember - and it's a serious claw in if it gets to a certain point. It'll just 'click' and become something to maintain lots.

I was a daily meth user a couple of times in my life. The first lasted for about a year and a half and the second (10yrs later) was for about six months.

In both cases I held a job throughout and went undetected for the first 90% of it. The first time around I got kinda skinny. The second time I just got tired of it sooner, probably because I was older.

For me, the worst side effect was simply the lack of sleep. I hated being unable to get a full night of restful sleep. Fortunately for me, quitting was pretty easy. I had always preferred alcohol and opioids anyway.

I was a daily meth user a couple of times in my life. The first lasted for about a year and a half and the second (10yrs later) was for about six months.

In both cases I held a job throughout and went undetected for the first 90% of it. The first time around I got kinda skinny. The second time I just got tired of it sooner, probably because I was older.

For me, the worst side effect was simply the lack of sleep. I hated being unable to get a full night of restful sleep. Fortunately for me, quitting was pretty easy. I had always preferred alcohol and opioids anyway.

How much do you suppose you were using on a daily basis, on average? How were you consuming it?

I drove loads from North calu to LA during the 90s awake 5 days sleep 30 on hours start again Monday. It can work for 6 months year even but you always crash I cried all the way from bakersfield to redding once your brain goes with stims driving truck for 13 years on herion and pods not have s mental crash once

Work? Mental and physical health?

Positives negatives? etc

I've been off work for the past 5 months and have been living off my savings. I was living overseas and then decided to comeback to my home country. Since I have alot of free time, I've also been using it heavily for the past 4 months on a daily. This is also the longest time I've used consecutively also. Usually it's an on and off thing on special occassions. Why do I do it? Because I'm fkn bored out of my mind and got nothing going on for me atm until uni starts. I also don't want to go back to work (due to hating the industry I was in).

I'm in stable and good condition with my mental and physical well-being, although I was alot healthier and fitter when I was living abroad. I'm still bright and aware of myself and everything.

Positives: socializing, awareness, alert, study better, confidence.

Negatives: expensive, fatigue, dodgy people, stereotypes and judgements from people; family/friends.

How much do you suppose you were using on a daily basis, on average? How were you consuming it?
This was really potent meth. If I consumed any at all past 8AM, I wouldn't sleep at all that night. A gram would last about a week to 10 days. My ROA was mostly rectal, although I'd always smoke a tiny bit and sometimes I did it sublingually.

I've been using meth for quite sometime now. I can say I'm experienced in this department with the drug. This is a drug, I would not recommend using if you lack self-restraint, discipline and poor mental strength. It can be really addictive, fact is, it's one of the most addictive drugs in the Class A section. It can and it will get the best out of you if you have no self-control. Just like with everything in life, balance and moderation.

Although, my saying is "different effects for different people", depending on who they are, their personality, environment and upbringings, genetic too can play factor - some people are more prone to addiction than others. I have seen relatives and friends fall to this drug in my personal life experiences.

We humans are always prone to experiment, if this is your first time using, do so with responsibility and pick your crowd wisely, there can be certain shady characters in the scene also.