• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help with coming off of kratom.

juice5

Greenlighter
Hi guys, just joined this forum so I hope this is in the right section. So I finally kicked fentanyl 9/26/23, was sober for almost 90 days and I stupidly started using kratom... Kicking myself right now as I worked my ass off to get clean. 8 days of detox followed by 60 days in an intense inpatient facility. So when I got out of rehab I was completly sober and it felt so damn good to have that monkey off my back it was amazing really. I felt like shit but at least I was sober. So back to the kratom, I started using it like 2-3 times a week doing the extract pills. 1 at a time turned to 2 at a time so on an so forth you know how it goes. So here I am, have been taking it for about a month daily as high as 5 extract pills per day. Im just asking if anyone can help me with this because idk what to expect as ive never kicked kratom or have never been addicted to it. I have been hooked on heroin, oxy, fentanyl in the past. Will I have withdrawl symptoms? Should I got back to dtox? Thanks for reading appreciate any help.

I would just taper slowly carefully, get enough exercise, document everything, and avoid sugar. If your dosage has been ramping up with no plateau the past month, plateau for a week or two before going down. I'd also empty the capsules together into a bag and control dose with a milligram scale. Just my 2 cents but my main drags were benzos and cigs.

You will probably have some level of withdrawals if you quit cold turkey. Kratom withdrawals are not nearly as bad as H or fent, but can be uniquely bad in their own way.

Kratom is relatively easy to taper as an opioid. I'd suggest that. Maybe switch to regular powder from the extracts.

Going back to rehab or getting suboxone is probably overkill here.

kratom is one of the easiest (and subjectively, the fastest) things you can taper off of - just try to create a disciplined taper schedule that fits your needs and don’t cave to take more! if you need help creating a taper schedule just let me know & i’ll help out :) try to get a good scale if you’ve got one!

You will probably have some level of withdrawals if you quit cold turkey. Kratom withdrawals are not nearly as bad as H or fent, but can be uniquely bad in their own way.

Kratom is relatively easy to taper as an opioid. I'd suggest that. Maybe switch to regular powder from the extracts.

Going back to rehab or getting suboxone is probably overkill here.
Im going to try and cold turkey it. Its been over 24 hrs at this point since my last dose. Not having any withdrawl symptoms. What I think has been better is I would usually only dose it in the morning and around like noon. So It would have no effects after like 3 or 4 kratom must have a really short half life because the little buzzit gives you last like 2 hours.

kratom is one of the easiest (and subjectively, the fastest) things you can taper off of - just try to create a disciplined taper schedule that fits your needs and don’t cave to take more! if you need help creating a taper schedule just let me know & i’ll help out :) try to get a good scale if you’ve got one!
Oh thank you appreciate that. Im going to see how things go if the withdrawal is mild ill just say fuck it and keep going. Any experience with kratom withdrawal? Is it even bad?

I would just taper slowly carefully, get enough exercise, document everything, and avoid sugar.
Just curious-- why avoid sugar?

I know sugar isn't particularly good for one's health, but I was wondering how it affects tapering from kratom.

I have a personal interest in this. I've been on kratom for about 4 yrs, ever since I used it to kick oxycodone. I currently take 30 to 45 grams a day (5 to 7 grams per dose) of powder in capsules. I've never used extracts.
I'd like to cut back on kratom but I don't necessarily want to quit completely.

I also eat too much sugar. My weaknesses are chocolate, ice cream, cookies, and milkshakes. I'm not overweight but I'd like to cut back on the sugar for general health reasons.

Are these two vices somehow working together to screw up my tapering efforts?

PS--- I'm also struggling with a 50-yr addiction to cigarettes, but that's for another thread...

Oh thank you appreciate that. Im going to see how things go if the withdrawal is mild ill just say fuck it and keep going. Any experience with kratom withdrawal? Is it even bad?
it was always very mild for me. i could sleep every night still(i was roughly an oz a day of plant leaf kinda guy), i was lethargic and didn’t have energy and my mood was low, but compared to full agonist withdrawal or benzo withdrawal, ime, it was more mental than anything else.

comfort meds help, gabapentin / lyrica, clonidine etc

ok so I just took kratom again today... Idk what to do here I cant seem to stop. I wasent even having withdrawal symptoms but I still used kratom.. I am so depressed and the kratom helps with that. Idk what to do.

ok so I just took kratom again today... Idk what to do here I cant seem to stop. I wasent even having withdrawal symptoms but I still used kratom.. I am so depressed and the kratom helps with that. Idk what to do.
Be mindful of anxiety and depression as withdrawal effects of kratom. Kratom withdrawal is easier for me than other opioid in terms of physical discomfort, but kratom withdrawal will make me depressed, anxious, anhedonic, etc way more than other opioids. It's always the mental effects that make me slip when trying to quit. I personally find the depression and anhedonia to peak between days 6-14. So just he mindful that things WILL get better with time as long as you avoid dosing. You'll be feeling a lot better mentally in 2 or 3 weeks

I am so depressed and the kratom helps with that. Idk what to do.
You're probably still experiencing protracted withdrawals, PAWS, from the fentanyl.

Gotta heal and rewire those reward circuits. Best thing for that is frequent aerobic exercise. Eating healthy, clean food. And finding a hobby and/or self actuation/life purpose type stuff.

Or alternatively I would suggest finding a different thing to use that doesn't touch your opioid receptors. Kava maybe.