• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Sublocade & zero withdrawals 1 year later

Rhodi

Greenlighter
Wasn’t sure where to put this but regarding the injectable extended-release version of buprenorphine, ‘Sublocade’—it may well be a way to escape opioid addiction and withdrawal with zero pain.

Here’s my experience and have heard there are clinical trials going on that explore this very topic—history of 15+ years of opioid addiction hardly a single day was spent not in the warm embrace of mother O. Oxy to IV heroin to Suboxone to strange RC analogues, you name it. Finally had enough of it and decided to try Sublocade. It turns out that it works as intended, like a never-ending dose of bupe with no highs and no lows, perfect for learning how to live without taking something. You are supposed to get a shot every 30 days but read on…

This is where things got interesting. Nearly 1 month after my shot I got picked up by the cops and caught a 6 month jail sentence. No opioid maintenance program in this big house so I assumed I was fucked, every junkies worst nightmare scenario come to life—opioid withdrawal in jail. But no, somehow months later I was never sick and after the stint ended—7 months since last shot—I was still not sick. Fast forward it’s well over a year since my last Sublocade shot and I haven’t touched nor felt the need to touch opioids.

I only had 2 shots total before I went away so there’s no way there’s over a year built up in my system somehow, in fact I tested clean across the board 4 months back, no bupe, no opioids of any kind in my system. Has anyone else experienced this?

Wasn’t sure where to put this but regarding the injectable extended-release version of buprenorphine, ‘Sublocade’—it may well be a way to escape opioid addiction and withdrawal with zero pain.

Here’s my experience and have heard there are clinical trials going on that explore this very topic—history of 15+ years of opioid addiction hardly a single day was spent not in the warm embrace of mother O. Oxy to IV heroin to Suboxone to strange RC analogues, you name it. Finally had enough of it and decided to try Sublocade. It turns out that it works as intended, like a never-ending dose of bupe with no highs and no lows, perfect for learning how to live without taking something. You are supposed to get a shot every 30 days but read on…

This is where things got interesting. Nearly 1 month after my shot I got picked up by the cops and caught a 6 month jail sentence. No opioid maintenance program in this big house so I assumed I was fucked, every junkies worst nightmare scenario come to life—opioid withdrawal in jail. But no, somehow months later I was never sick and after the stint ended—7 months since last shot—I was still not sick. Fast forward it’s well over a year since my last Sublocade shot and I haven’t touched nor felt the need to touch opioids.

I only had 2 shots total before I went away so there’s no way there’s over a year built up in my system somehow, in fact I tested clean across the board 4 months back, no bupe, no opioids of any kind in my system. Has anyone else experienced this?
My only guess is that the sublocade effectively tapers you off the opioid really easily and slowly.

Bupe is harsh to come off of with immediate release doses

Hey!
Congrats on getting clean! 🥳 that’s wonderful you felt no withdrawal! Sublocade is amazing!
My husband and I had gotten our first shot in March 2023. We went back the next month for our second but decided not to get it since we were feeling great!
Fast forward it’s been 3 months and we’re still feeling pretty alright! I’ve been gettin bad headaches and that over stimulated feeling along with hot/cold flashes but I’m bearing it!

I’ve felt perfect the past 3 months other then the random thought (oh i feel off I must be withdrawing) But really that’s just my mind that’s used to thinking those thoughts!

I am worried that it may get worse and I won’t be able to deal so I came here for some Inspo!

There is a 99% chance that I will never touch an opioid again and I am beaming with hope!

It’s been an amazing experience to do this with my partner. We have so much beauty to live for and since we got on subs 8 years ago and kept taking steps to get better and better our lives have strengthened and changed in some of the best ways!

How long did you feel your depo?

Mine is still pretty decent sized like a piece of mini penne pasta 🤣

I’ve read that it can take up to a year to test clean, you must be so happy you made it through! Keep on going!!

I've been on sublocade since Dec 23, so 5th shot last week. 300mg first 2 monthly shots, 100mg subsequent shots. I've certainly read that withdrawals can be mild to non-existent, and I'm really hoping that's the case. I'm planning to go 6 months before jumping off - I think a good 6 months of not even being able to use heroin will be useful for me.

The worst thing about the sublocade is the side effects - dry mouth is shocking, plus the constipation is outrageous. Looking forward to saying goodbye to those 2 things

I would advise * extreme * caution with the Pharmacological industry & their Dr's. Dr's don't read studies, papers, & most haven't a clue what they're talking about or doing. The same as most patients in society. Does this mean all? Certainly not, but I've talked circles around Dr's & have been punished for it. Their pride is very high & when questioned or threatened they don't defend themselves they simply leave you stranded, feeling hopeless & or harm you or allow you to feel left behind which is harm in & of itself.

Now, Sublocade & further to the points here. First of all, congratulations of ridding yourself of addiction to opioids is a great victory but such things can be done with much less pain, hopelessness, much more confidence & integrity etc.

Have they told you about this elixir they shot in your belly? They didn't tell me. Only it would "work for up to 3-4 weeks & at that time you'll have your second dose...". Nothing about the epoxy-like substances that contain & hold Buprenorphine so it can be within your system for up to & more than a YEAR - Unless it's excised. I've asked 9 Dr's now to excise this foreign body from my abdomen & they refused. I've prepared all the ready paperwork & my claims of ill-will & ill-effects on my person & they still refuse me. Yet, they run around cutting off our children's genitalia, pride & livelihoods.

I'm someone of extreme pain & require opioids on occasion. I've suffered greatly & with no relief from it because if I was given anymore opioid I'd die of overdose. Quite the conundrum. Imagine, 6mg Hydromorphone IV won't help pain in the slightest but it will have you cease breathing all the same.

Forget that part for now. It's the consent of this "medicine" & it being irreversible until it isn't - which took 11 months for me! 1 shot of the initial 300mg/ml which means the shot is much more than 300mg to disperse within in you for up to a year & the second & on & on are 100mg/ml meaning more & more many months added on to the first many.

We're to know & believe it's a 30-day deal & if that were the case it'd be a victory for all! Give millions victory over opioid addiction. Not that I even was one.

I had very aggressive Cancer & bone deterioration which broke many of them as well as Crohn's disease & that insidious fiery pain from mouth to well, you know where. I'd simply become "dependent" & not by mind but of body. Physical dependence.

I felt extremely ill once my illnesses were fought & tamed, for now. Thank The Gods. 2 of 3 of my Dr's told me I'd become addicted & the other "don't worry, I've just the thing.". I believed this & was thrust on Buprenorphine 8mg films 2x/daily & I felt normal immediately except for the even worse sickness that followed the first dose. Extreme & unrelenting sickness which I know of now & it's called "Precipated Withdrawal". I immediately ceased & threw the filth away once I learned from the same Dr there was a shot that could slowly make me feel well & strong again & rid myself of all of this discomfort & pain.

My point is that I now know what this shot is & it's nothing more than the WORST of the 3 patents of Buprenorphine. Yes, patents. I forget the law, forgive me, but I believe it's every 8 or 12 years all you must do is change the form in which the chemical comes in & it's once again patented & pushed to the masses in which some of the dumbm-asses are Dr's. So, there was Subutex, sublingual tablet. Then Suboxone, sublingual film that added Narcan, or Naloxone (opioid antagonist) & thusly Sublocade, injection of Buprenorphine & many toxic ingredients that keep a ball remaining stuck inside you & pumping out Bupe into your bloodstream 24/7.

Please, if you have no reason to care for my words & only wish to get off of full agonist opioids or Buprenorphine itself - do not get the Sublocade shot either way! Why do I say this? Because, Buprenorphine is only useful for 5-14 days & any day longer you risk either a relapse on full agonists which you could fully well stop on your own but I know addictions aren't easy to rid of, I'm not saying they are. I'm saying you should know that Buprenorphine is only a friend to you for under 14 days. After 14 days you're still addicted & then you're hooked on Buprenorphine & once you want off of it you can't exactly just do so now can you? No, you can't because Buprenorphine or nothing at all are the only two things offered to detox. Yes, "comfort meds" I know of them. Buprenorphine is extraordinary to get off of. It can keep you sick, granted not violently sick like it is off of full-agonists like Oxycodone, Morphine, Heroin etc etc. It's VERY slow & it's why you'd beg for a few days of discomfort rather than Buprenorphine.

They prescribe it & patients take it for who knows how long, doesn't matter.

I'm not saying I'm right or wrong. I'm asking everyone to recognize what this bs is. If you could care less that Buprenorphine stays inside you for 6, 8, 12+ months & it slows &/or ceases any withdrawal. Great! I'm just asking you to reconsider because you might but then it's too late. I've written this in haste but I can revise it and enter it more scientifically. I simply haven't the time at the moment & wish people to know a little more than less.

Thanks for listening & take care all!