• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pregabalin + Clonazepam = synergy?

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hello all.

The combination of Gabapentinoids and Benzodiazepines have always fascinated me because they work in similar ways. Has anyone got any experience in combining Pregabalin and Clonazepam (or any other benzo)? I've got both drugs but I've never co-administered them, what type of effects should I expect if I took a generous dose of each drug together?

I've found Pregabalin takes hours to fully kick in but when it does it gives me a drunken feeling similar to alcohol and occasionally its put me on my ass.. but in a nice way lol.

I'm prescribed Oxycodone, Pregabalin, Clonazepam, and Mirtazapine, but I've never taken them all together in one dose as im too scared to lol.

The Oxycodone and Pregabalin are prescribed to me for chronic neuropathy, and the Clonazepam is prescribed me to for severe GAD. I feel extremely lucky being prescribed Clonazepam as it's nearly impossible to get a benzo prescription in the UK. They're called Rivotril in the UK as opposed to Klonopin in the US.

I take 1mg in the morning and 1mg at night so thats 2mg daily and they're a god send for my GAD. My normal dosing routine for my meds is...

30mg Oxycodone 4x a day, 50mg Pregabalin 4x a day, and 1mg Rivotril twice a day (the first dose is when I get up in the morning, and then the second dose at night when I go to bed). Im also prescribed 15mg Mirtazapine taken at night with my second 1mg Rivotril dose. I always space my dosing evenly.

So to conclude should I expect severe intoxication if I took my Pregabalin + Clonazepam in a generous dose minus the Oxycodone as thats asking for trouble!

Cheers guys.

I do enjoy the mixture of Clonazepam and pregabalin. To I'm on a fairly low dose I still feel pretty good. (Better than in screaming agony that's for sure). On top I have 40 mg or dilaudid. I have never had a problem 10 years plus. (I have swapped from Fentanyl to Dilaudid which has been much better) I have had many tests and am still as good as I was when I started. (In fact my liver is way better since - I stopped drinking so much!)

Certainly don't do this on a weekday, save it for the weekend, but yes mixing clonazepam and pregabalin will have you proper mashed. Pregabalin and benzos have a strong synergistic effect. You will be unable to function fully the whole day, but it's great for watching shite on telly and ordering pizza, those kinds of lazy weekends. Some weed on top completes it.

Well I took 6mg Clonazepam and 400mg Pregabalin cos I needed a blow out as I've a shitty week. A few hours after I took them I found myself asleep in my computer chair lomp sided over the right arm rest which was digging into my ribs which was extremely painful when I woke up lol. So yeah they do synigise!

I wanna get a hold of both actually, I got a way better nod than expected last time unused them...waaaaay better... And crashed my car..

Edit: I wouldn't dare drive again on this combo. It took me Surprise but I should have known better!

Last night I took 80mg Oxycodone IR, 6mg Clonazepam, 500mg Pregabalin, and 100mg Diphenhydramine (for potentiation). I would of had some Grapefruit juice as well but I didn't have any. First I took the Pregabalin cos it takes hours to kick in for some strange reason even on an empty stomach! Once it fully kicked in I took the other 3 drugs together and I probably had the best high of my life, way more Euphoric than any street drug that ive taken and I didn't break the law either cos they're all prescribed to me lol. It was absolute bliss!! I was that out of it I felt like I was in a dream-like state but conscience (barely lol) I was hallucinating and talking to my self lol. If heaven exists then I think I experienced it lol! Don't worry about the dosages guys I've got a very high tolerance and I know my limits plus I only do this sort of thing occasionally as its not very sensible and I would run out of my scripts early, however I would NOT recommend anyone take those kinds of doses if uve got no tolerance, even a mild to moderate tolerance would still be quite dangerous!

Last edited: