PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dom

morphinestreet

Greenlighter
can anybody tell me how strong it is compared to LSD
i have got some , but too scared to try it
i cant get that much info on it , but people have been saying it lasts for 30 hours
anyone who has experience please tell me what to expect

Visit

http://drugs.tripsit.me/dom

and compare against Erowid.org

Duration increases a lot as dosage increases for most people.

The last chunk of the trip for many is more stimulation than psychedelia

My trips with it have been 20 hours, 22 hours, 24 hours, and 27 hours. Best visuals I've had up there with 2C-E, DMT, and DOC. The headspace is pretty clear, I'd say you can focus on it pretty easily even with all the psychedelia.

I find DOM to be more stimulating than LSD, and longer-lasting by a good margin. I have personally found it less mentally intense and probably about as visual. I prefer LSD. As far as the DOXs go, I prefer DOC to DOM by quite a bit. DOC lasts even longer but is more euphoric and has a better body high. Both DOC and DOM produce more of a functional and clearheaded trip for me than LSD does, except in high doses where they can get pretty confusing

DOM was originally sold as the infamous "STP" tablets containing 20mg each.

Numerous 36-hour-freakouts across Height-Ashbury later, Scully et al. decided that 10 mg was a more "sensible" dose... however, those were also the people who made 250 mcg LSD tablets, so you can imagine that even 10 mg of DOM represents a *very* intense trip.

Realistically, 5mg of DOM should be easily equivalent to 100 micrograms of LSD, except DOM is significantly longer-lasting, and generally considered more stimulating.

Yeah the "STP" of the 60s was massively overdosed, especially since it takes longer to come on than LSD and people were used to taking multiple tabs so people were taking 40, 60mg of DOM, which is insane. It was hugely irresponsible and absurd for them to have dosed DOM as 20mg per dose, no idea what those guys were thinking. In reality, DOM is quite a nice substance and there is no need to fear it, as long as you dose it accurately and sensibly and understand that it will last a long time.

I have to admit that I've long been curious about it, but I'm just not a fan of stimulation combined with psychedelics and even less of a fan of mania. It sounds like DOM has a lot of the former and a chance of the latter

Would it be dosed like DOC? In that case I would not take more than 5mg.
I have not tried it yet, but the sweet spot for many people is around 3mg.

Making 20mg tablets is a great irresponsibility.

DocLad

Would it be dosed like DOC? In that case I would not take more than 5mg.
I have not tried it yet, but the sweet spot for many people is around 3mg.

If user reports are any indication, DOC is approximately 50-100% more potent than DOM, as well as slightly longer-lasting.
So the "sweet spot" for DOM is probably around 5mg for the average user.

Yeah DOC is substantially more potent than DOM. To be honest I find DOC more than twice as potent as DOM, even 7.5 mg of DOM, for me, is not super strong, but many people find 5mg to be a good dose. In contrast, I wouldn't take more than 3mg of DOC these days, and my go-to dose is 2mg.

Making 20mg tablets is a great irresponsibility.

IIRC there is a scene in "The Sunshine Makers" where Nick Sand claims that when making LSD, they would occasionally ingest 2000 microgram doses simply by accident.

While Tim Scully (who was involved in making the "STP" tablets) might have been a bit more competent in the lab than his later associate, Sand, there is a good chance that he and his other associates, too, would have built up a massive psychedelic tolerance while working their magic, so these people could probably have handled a 20mg dose of DOM.

There is also the issue that LSD has a relatively low plateau dose, beyond which the effects do not get that much more intense - the difference between 500 micrograms and 1000 micrograms of LSD probably isn't as great as that between 20 and 40 mg of DOM.

Lastly, people like Scully or Shulgin would experiment with carefully measured doses - they probably didn't consider that a lot of users cared little about actual dosages or even the chemistry of the substance they were ingesting, having more of an "Orcish" approach toward pharmacology ("Tha red wunz go faster")... the result being that people would end up snorting a fat rail of 2C-E after being told that it was "sort of like molly", or in this case taking multiple 20mg doses of DOM because the come-up was slower, or they felt fine taking a ten-strip of LSD (or whatever the equivalent of a ten-strip was back in the day when LSD mostly came in tablets or solution).

I have been experiemnting with micro/minidoses of DOC this last weeks. Ranging from 100 to 300mcgrs (.1-.3mgs). You can dose in the morning, have a fabulous day (even with some naps) and sleep with no problem at all at night. The next day comes with a beautiful afterfxs feeling.

To be honest Im hypersensitive to psychedelics and I would never go for a full dose, but at micro/minidoses are just incredible and 120% functional. You can start with a minidose (maybe .5mgs volumetrically dosified) and have the guaratee that you will love the effect

I just watched The Sunshine Makers for the 2nd time last night, I thought it was time to rekindle my passion for LSD and it worked. But, when I was watching, I noticed when Sand got arrested in St Louis for making LSD, the newspaper article included something called "STP". Never heard of it, so I looked it up. Ah, it's DOM. Which I rightly assumed was a brother to DOB and the the other DOx's.

I would love to do a DOx so much. The problem is, being afraid of a tab being overdosed and having to spend 18-24 hours too fucked up, but mainly, finding people to do it with me. I think that'll be difficult. But god damn, I'd love to try it.

IIRC there is a scene in "The Sunshine Makers" where Nick Sand claims that when making LSD, they would occasionally ingest 2000 microgram doses simply by accident.

While Tim Scully (who was involved in making the "STP" tablets) might have been a bit more competent in the lab than his later associate, Sand, there is a good chance that he and his other associates, too, would have built up a massive psychedelic tolerance while working their magic, so these people could probably have handled a 20mg dose of DOM.

There is also the issue that LSD has a relatively low plateau dose, beyond which the effects do not get that much more intense - the difference between 500 micrograms and 1000 micrograms of LSD probably isn't as great as that between 20 and 40 mg of DOM.

Lastly, people like Scully or Shulgin would experiment with carefully measured doses - they probably didn't consider that a lot of users cared little about actual dosages or even the chemistry of the substance they were ingesting, having more of an "Orcish" approach toward pharmacology ("Tha red wunz go faster")... the result being that people would end up snorting a fat rail of 2C-E after being told that it was "sort of like molly", or in this case taking multiple 20mg doses of DOM because the come-up was slower, or they felt fine taking a ten-strip of LSD (or whatever the equivalent of a ten-strip was back in the day when LSD mostly came in tablets or solution).

I was thinking the same thing initially, but there were several instances in the doc where they talked about tripping on relatively low doses, 1) When Sands and Scully met, they took 75ug together and 2) When they busted Owsley, he told the cops he was tripping on 200ug, so he wouldn't be much help. Not that 200ug isn't a big boy dose, but it questions the theory that they forever ruined their tolerance in the process of making it. It is very strange that such smart people with seemingly good intentions would overdose a drug as powerful as STP like that.

I recently tried DOM, 10mg which is supposed to be a full dose, but it didn't do much for me, a ++ at most, for sure more comfortable than other DOx. But the headspace felt lacking in any case, I wrote some more about in in the social threads. It seems that some people are much more sensitive to this stuff, and some regard it highly while others never thought much of it. Then about 6 hours into the trip I dosed about 150ug of LSD with much greater and satisfying results =D

I much prefer DOB & DOC, if you find 'em, don't think twice :)

What's dom dob a doc? How many RCs exist in the world anyone have any idea, ball park figure?

How many RCs? Shit tons. I mean there are hundreds and hundreds of stimulants, and probably even more canabinoids. If you just count psychedelics, there are well over a hundred, maybe 150 if I had to guess, maybe even more. I personally have 65 of them in my collection and there are a lot I am missing.

DOM, DOB, and DOC are all psychedelic amphetamines, they are technically ampjhetamines but they're metabolized very differently so they're not like trippy adderall or something. They're some of my very favorite drugs, they last a LONG time though. Personally I have or have tried DOB, DOC, DOM, DOI, DOF, DOiP, DOPr, DOET, DOT (aleph-1) and there are others too that I haven't tried, like DON, DOEF, DOTFM, and others are piossible too but to my knowledge have never been made. They're all the same base structure with changes at the 4-position, ie, DOC has a chlorine atom on the 4-position, DOB is a bromine, DOM is a methyl, etc.

DOC lasts 16-20 hours, and DOM lasts 12-16 hours. But there are longer ones. DOPr lasts 30+ hours. I took 6.6mg last year, and I was still tripping 40 hours later and had to take etizolam to sleep. Despite the extreme duration, DOPr was one of my favorite trips ever.

DOM, DOB, and DOC are all psychedelic amphetamines, they are technically ampjhetamines but they're metabolized very differently so they're not like trippy adderall or something. They're some of my very favorite drugs, they last a LONG time though. Personally I have or have tried DOB, DOC, DOM, DOI, DOF, DOiP, DOPr, DOET, DOT
Wicked they sound like a good rave drug or are they to trippy for a rave lol?

At raves I used to take UK amphetamine/base (not meth) it's also called base putty, and I'd take a small amount of mdma with it, as I don't get on with mdma alone, I need amphetamine to level it out or I just get dysphoric, scared, paranoid, jittery, on edge, sketchy and I spin out, and I get back ache in its my lower back, and sometimes each side where I think my kidneys are, and I just try and dance but can't so all I want to do is sit down and I just have a bad time, and yes it was definitely pure mdma crystals my ex was fine on it but my brain chemistry needs amphetamine/base along side it

So for me adding amphetamine to a bit of mdma makes it a really good dancing and uplifting combination and I normally have a blast if it's good amphetamine lol, but some is bashed/cut with caffeine or glucose etc, or isn't strong (speed) I like base not speed which is base that's bashed/cut to fuck into a powder, or like the last lot I bought it was bashed then wetted then frozen to look like base/putty

I bought it a year and a half ago and as I've recently heard about wedinos Insent it to them the other day, waiting on results

I don't like uppers unless I'm raving though but this dom dob doc etc sound cool, and what a collection you have, whys it not in "pics of my stash" lol

personally have 65 of them in my collection
what a collection you have, whys it not in "pics of my stash" lol

It is, actually. ;) I posted it probably a good ways before you joined though.

The DOXs are powerful like LSD, but in general it's easier to be social and they're more euphoric. But they're really visual, and really strong. And you'll be tripping hard for 10, 12, 20 hours, depending on which one it is. It doesn't seem like you could trip hard for so long but you definitely can, and will.